Infolettres – Version anglaise
Newsletter of 5th May, 2021Stay informed about projects, activities and services offered and important dates to remember!
REMDUS is moving back in the Pavillon de la vie étudiante (E1) on the main campus
The REMDUS is now in its new office at the Pavillon de la vie étudiante (E1)!
New office: E1-1043
Note that the REMDUS team remains available to answer your questions and make an appointment with you on the main campus.
The REMDUS is recruiting, make a difference at the UdeS!
1 position for election: Direction aux finances et services
This job is for you if:
- You like to coordinate projects
- You are a visionary and your heads is full of new ideas
- You want to concretely improve the student condition in graduate studies
The Direction aux finances et services is a visionary person who ensures the good management, improvement and sustainability of the services offered by REMDUS. The person also maintains relations with ASEQ for the group insurance plan.
You will be able to develop your enthusiasm there to develop new services to improve student conditions.
Benefit from the advantages below:
- Full-time job with good working conditions and good remuneration!
- Flexible schedule (family-work-study balance)
- Group insurance plan provided
- Reimbursement of expenses if travelling to attend events
How to apply the job?
- Update your resume and cover letter / presentation!
- Download the nomination form below.
- Meet at least 3 member associations in order to obtain their support (Contacts are in the form!) – Get in advance to contact them!
- Do you have all your support? Send CV, cover letter / presentation and nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- Come to the next REMDUS congress on June 16th, 2021 for your interview!
Deadline to apply: June 9th, 2021
Click here for more informations (French only).
Click here to download the nomination form (French only).
Questions? Contact Joannie Connell, Directrice générale at email@example.com.
The Bureau des droits étudiants can help you!REMDUS reminds that its members have access to the Bureau des droits étudiants. The mission of the BDE is to defend and promote individual and collective student’s rights within the Université de Sherbrooke. Questions about your student rights or an academic problem? Contact the team now! Remember that the BDE is only offered to REMDUS members. Benefit from listening and legal advice (academic only!) completely confidential and free! The consultation is by appointment only! To make an appointment:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 819-821-7968 ext 2
- REMDUS office: E1-1043 (By appointment only)
« Journées Réd-Action » writing activities
Summer semester 2021
New sessions for the Réd-Action Days are announced for the summer 2021 session! Need to write your master’s thesis, essay or Ph.D thesis in an environment conducive to concentration and productive writing? Whether you are at the main campus or the Longueuil campus, these days are here for you!
May 14th, 2021
Main campus (Full)
Longueuil campus (Several places available!)
Note that due to Covid-19, there will be no meditation activities this winter. However, thematic workshops will continue to be offered by the Services à la vie étudiante and the Centre de langues.
Next sessions announced:
- May 29th 2021
- June 4th 2021
- June 26th 2021
Project carried out in collaboration with:
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Campus Longueuil de l’Université de Sherbrooke
- Bibliothèques et archives de l’Université de Sherbrooke
- Services à la vie étudiante
- Centre de langues de l’Université de Sherbrooke
- Centre sportif de l’Université de Sherbrooke
- Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé
You wish to assist these activities from home?
« Journées Réd-action » days are also offered online via Teams*New sessions announced for the 2021 Summer semester:
- May 13th 2021
- May 26th 2021
- June 3rd 2021
- June 23rd 2021
8th Colloque de la recherche étudiante de l’École de politique appliquée
Tuesday May 12th, 2021 from 9 am to 12:30 pm
Open to all (Free admission!)
After an unfortunate absence in 2020, the Colloque de la recherche étudiante de l’École de politique appliquée (ÉPA) is back for the 8th edition, in a virtual formula that will bring undergraduate and graduate students closer to the ÉPA, their peers and their teachers.
This is an opportunity for students to presenting their work at a scientific conference.
This 8th edition of the conference presents four panels that address topical issues and themes, namely:
- What leadership in a pandemic context?
- Digital changes and political repercussions
- Strategies, issues and discussions in the face of the climate crisis: paradiplomacy and just transition
- Citizen culture among young people: portraits, challenges and perceptions
These panels will also be accompanied by two very timely conferences. The opening conference, entitled « Pandemic, return of politics and challenges of democracy », will be delivered by the director of the School of Applied Politics, Prof. Isabelle Lacroix. For the closing conference, we will receive the professor from the School of Public Health of the University of Montreal, Dr. Réjean Hébert, to talk to us about « The death of the elderly during the pandemic: a failure of public policies » .
Click here to see the Facebook event (French only.)
Bike and Fairtrade Month at the UdeS
« Share with us your cycling and / or fairtrade experience » contest
The FEUS, the REMDUS, La Déraille and the Université de Sherbrooke invites you to celebrate the month of cycling and the month of fair trade! See the calendar to discover the many activities related to the use of the bicycle.
Will you be cycling this May?
Do you want to better integrate fair trade products into your daily life?
Whatever your level of motivation, let us know your objectives, your tips and tricks, your initiatives related to these two themes by sending us an email at cmd.UdeS@usherbrooke.ca. You have the chance to win one of two grand prizes including:
- An Arkel bicycle bag from the signature range, made in Sherbrooke;
- A lifetime membership at the La Déraille Cooperative as well as their t-shirt;
- A bag of fair trade green and gold blend coffee roasted locally by Café Hubert St-Jean!
The first 75 people to register by sharing their goals with us will receive a gift card of three free fair trade beverages at the Coop de UdeS!
Click here to see all the activities organized for the Bike and Fairtrade month (French only).
UdeS Grading scale of Winter semester 2021For 1 educational activity followed and successful in winter semester 2021. Once you receive your final result, choose between these options below: 1: Change your result for « Réussite ». 2: Keep your final result without changing anything. Complete the online form between May 15th and June 1st by connecting to Mon Portail étudiant. Exceptions applies. Check on your USherbrooke.ca emails.
88th edition of Acfas Congress
Du jamais suRegistrations for the Acfas Congress are now open! Don’t miss the incredible chance to take the pulse of major research breakthroughs and debate current issues.
May 3rd to 7th, 2021
Université de Sherbrooke
Bishop’s UniversityThe Congress fee schedule has changed for the 2021 edition. Due to the hybrid nature of Congress, registration fees have been revised downward compared to previous editions. What is Acfas? Acfas is a non-profit organization contributing to the advancement of science in Quebec and in the Canadian Francophonie. The mission of Acfas is to promote research and innovation as well as scientific culture in the French-speaking world, by contributing to the dissemination and promotion of knowledge and the scientific approach, with a view to improving quality. of life in society. Click here for register (French only).
Click here to answer the survey.
Thank you and have a great week!