Infolettres – Version anglaise
Newsletter of 19th May, 2020Stay informed about projects, activities and services offered and important dates to remember!
Grading scale for the winter semester 2020
For those who wants, it is now possible to use the « Réussite (R) ou Échec (AB) » grading scale for the winter 2020 semester which doesn’t affect your cumulative average.
Note that it is not mandatory to use the grading scale if you are satisfied of it.If you choose to use the “R or AB” scale:
- Notes A, B, C, D will be changed to R.
How do I change my grade to R?
You must make the request using the online form * between May 15th and June 15th. * Check your Usherbrooke.ca emails.
- Note E will be changed to AB **.
* The activity must be done again.
How do I change my grade in AB?
Everything will be done automatically (except for end-of-study productions and some activities benefiting from a waiver from the vice-president of studies).
This measure does not apply to educational activities and internships completed on or before March 13th, nor to educational activities for the summer semester 2020.
Deadline : June 15th 2020
Click here for more informations about the new evaluation methods at the UdeS (French only).
Click here to consult the flowchart made by the UdeS (French only).
1 position at REMDUS to fill!
Direction aux affaires internes
Scholarships involvement possible every month
The Direction aux affaires internes is responsible for establishing and maintaining REMDUS relations with members and graduate student associations.
- Plays a key role in the visibility of REMDUS (participates to the activities of member associations)
- Coordinates REMDUS social activities
- Participate in the organization of important events (prepare the agenda and the Back-to-School Show)
- Collaborates with the communication administrative officer
This position is for you if:
- You like meeting people
- You have good interpersonal skills
- You like to get involved in the organization of social activities
Deadline to postulate : June 3rd 2020!
- Read and complete the nomination form
- Collect your letters of support
- Send your CV and a cover letter before the deadline by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Be part of the next Congrès du REMDUS for the elections (June 10th, 2020)
Be part of a dynamic team!
Click here for more information about the position (article 9) – French only.
Click here for more information about the election process – French only
Click here to get access the elections form. – French only.
Academics in reinforcement against COVID-19!
REMDUS is joining the Union étudiante du Québec (UEQ) to invite you to lend a hand by participating in the collective effort to fight Covid-19!
Academics are invited to get involved in essential services such as:
- the health system
- the food chain
Click here to get involved in the health system.
Click here to get involved in the food chain
Click here to do volunteering.
News from UdeS about COVID-19
The Université de Sherbrooke updates its COVID-19 information page daily. Also check your USherbrooke.ca emails on a regular basis for information.
Note that the Université de Sherbrooke maintains, for all students, the possibility of using certain services.
- Medical clinic (appointment only) (819-821-7667)
- Psychology and Orientation Service (spo@USherbrooke.ca)
- Student financial assistance service (sve@USherbrooke.ca)
- The Ombudsman (ombudsman@USherbroke.ca)
- Respect Counselors (respect@USherbrooke.ca)
Click here to access the COVID-19 UdeS page (French only).
Click here for more informations about the UdeS Emergency financial assistance funds (French only).
Impact of COVID-19 on Graduate Students in Canada
The Toronto Science Policy Network (TSPN) is a student-led science policy group based at the University of Toronto. The TSPN wants to understand how Canadian graduate students are being impacted by COVID-19, including their graduate studies, and future career plans/prospects, so that we can launch efforts to better support graduate students.
Deadline: May 31st 2020
Click here to answer the survey.
Canadian Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
Since May 15th, it is now possible to apply for the Canadian Emergency Students Benefit (CESB) who cannot find work because of COVID-19.
Eligibility period: May 10th to August 29th, 2020
- 1250$ per month;
- 2000$ for a student with a dependent or if you have a disability;
- The request must be made every month during the period identified, if the person has not found a job;
- You are not eligible if you have already applied for a ECP or employment insurance (or if you benefit from one of these two programs).
Thank you and have a great week!